Top 9 Best Apps to Share Your Location with Family 2022
Cedric updated on Sep 21, 2022 to Find360 - Location Tracker
We always care for our loved ones and try different ways to make sure they are safe. As a parent, you always feel worried about your children whenever they go out. On the other hand, if you are an elder son, you always worry a lot about your aging parent's safety. What if they went out of the home and lost their way? No matter what, you will always worry about your loved one's safety wherever they go. In that case, location sharing applications come in place to watch out for your loved ones safety. You can use these apps to acquire the steps to share your live location with your closed ones and vice versa for them. This article mentions the best apps to share locations. Let's move ahead and check the top nine apps to share location with family and friends.
We have listed over nine apps in this section that will allow you to share your live location with your family and friends. We will explain each tool in detail to help you pick the best one according to your needs. Let's have a look at our first tool on the list.
- 1. Find360
- 2. My Location
- 3. Life360
- 4. Google Maps
- 5. Find My Friends
- 6. Glympse
- 7. Familonet
- 8. GeoZilla
- 9. Find My Kids
Find360 is an excellent real-time location sharing app that has an intuitive UI and many advanced features. It lets you check the real-time location of all the members added to your circles from your smartphones. You can also review members' location records from the first day they joined your circle until the date. One of the highlighting features of Find360 is its Check-In feature. The Check-In feature alerts you whenever a member in your circle visits a place.
Features Of Find360 App:
- Find360 is a location tracking application that lets you quickly add unlimited members to your circles.
- You can also create customized notifications for particular events, such as children leaving school premises, sneaking out of the home, etc.
- Find360 has a Check-In feature that sends notifications alerts when someone in your circle visits a particular place.
- One of the reasons to recommend Find360 is its easy-to-use interface that is simple to use even for non-tech savvy users.
- Find360 is available for multiple platforms, such as Android, iOS, and iPad. You can download the application from the Playstore and Apple Store, respectively.
2. My Location
My Location is another real-time location-sharing app with many useful features. You can use the My Location app to share your live location with anyone in a few seconds. You can also use the My Location app as a navigation application like Google Maps. One of the best things about the My Location app is its attention to detail. It shows your friends' exact latitude and longitude on the map for easy tracking. My Location app is easily accessible for Android users. You can download the My Location app from the Play Store.
Features Of My Location App:
- My Location is a free real-time location-sharing app with all essential features.
- You can also use the My Location app to see your current location with minor details, such as latitude and longitude.
- This application comes with an intuitive interface that requires no on-screen introductions and can be used by anyone.
- One of the primary reasons to recommend this app is its availability for free. Yet, it doesn't come with many advanced features like personalized alerts, check-ins, etc.
- My Location app also lets you see the street view map of different cities along with the traffic on the roads.
Life360 is one of the most popular location-sharing apps on the list. We could also say it is an all-rounder application that has varied features, like one-tap navigation, place alerts, and more. Life360 app also comes with driving-centric features, like Drive Reports. Drive Reports show essential information about the running car, such as car speed, miles covered, top speed, etc. Its driving-related features make it stand out from the competition. This application is available for Android, iOS, and iPad.
Features Of Life360 App:
- Life360 app lets you create place alerts to automatically and instantly receive notifications when a particular event occurs.
- One of the primary functions of the Life360 app is it lets you share real-time locations with anyone with a few taps and seconds.
- Life360's highlighting feature is Drive Report which displays important information on the mobile application, such as distance covered, phone usage, etc.
- One of its highlighting features is real-time speed monitoring which lets other members in the circle see your vehicle's current speed.
- Life360 application is available for Android, iOS, and iPad.
4. Google Maps
Google Maps is again one of the most popular live location sharing apps. This application is developed by Google, so there is no chance you will miss essential features. Google Maps easily lets you share your live location with anyone with ease. You can also use Google Maps for other different purposes, such as navigation, exploring new places, etc. Google Maps is available for all platforms, including Android and iOS.
Features Of Google Maps App:
- One of the primary features of Google Maps is to let you share real-time locations in a few seconds.
- You can also use Google Maps for navigation purposes to reach the final destination in the least time and with zero hurdles.
- Google Maps also lets you share real-time locations with those who don't even have a Google account.
- Another feature of Google Maps is that it shows traffic, lights and signs on the map to help you drive better.
- Google Maps is freely available for all devices, including Android, iOS, and iPad. You can also use it on the web.
Sahring location using google maps is not a challenge anymore. You can acquire the full guides to use it within simple clicks.
Find My Friends is a built-in real-time location-sharing application that comes with all Apple devices. One of the main highlights of the Find My Friend app is its easy-to-use features that let you share live locations. Interestingly, the Find My Friends application also works on Apple Watch to conveniently head to the final destination.
Features Of Find My Friends App:
- Find My Friends is a perfect application for Apple users to share their live location with other Apple users easily.
- One of the highlights of the Find My Friends application is that you can use it without any internet connection.
- Find My Friends is also useful for locating lost iPhones, erasing lost iPhones, and even finding switched-off iPhones with ease.
- You can also create location-based alerts on the Find My Friends application that makes it different from others.
- Find My Friends app's Family Sharing feature lets you see all your Apple devices and check their current location on the map.
Glympse is one of the best real-time location sharing apps that lets you share your live location with anyone. One of the best features about Glympse is its location accuracy. Another person always sees the accurate location of you on the map. They can easily follow you with the help of your location. You can easily download the Glympse app from the Play Store and App Store.
Features Of Glympse App:
- Glympse app comes with many easy-to-use features that anyone can use to share your real-time location.
- One of the highlighting features of the Glympse app is its Tracking View Statistics that show who watched your live location and when on the Glympse app.
- Glympse has an easy-to-use interface that anyone can use to share live locations with anyone in a few steps.
- You can share your real-time location in public groups and make it accessible to all, and they can see your live location.
- Glympse app lets you share your live location with anyone from the web version, and it works perfectly.
Familonet is another real-time location tracking app that comes with all kinds of essential location sharing features. You can use Familonet to share your live location with anyone. Furthermore, Familonet has an advanced feature called Panic Button. The Panic Button feature is made to use in emergencies. It automatically sends notifications to your contacts. Familonet is available for both Android and iOS.
Features Of Familonet App:
- One of the primary features of Familonet is to share your real-time location with anyone with a few taps.
- Familonet also has an Intelligent Places feature that automatically sends notifications when people in your circle reach or leave a particular place.
- One of the key features of Familonet is its Chat feature that you can use to communicate with your group members.
- Familonet also lets you share photos of the location with your family and friends to enjoy the place in photos or use it as a landmark.
- It also lets you create unlimited groups and circles and add unlimited members to the group.
GeoZilla is one of our favorite apps on the list because of its advanced features, such as crash detection. The Crash Detection feature automatically alerts the emergency contact if something wrong happens. You can also pair GeoZilla with a GPS Tracker and attach it to different products, so they never get lost.
Features Of GeoZilla App:
- One of the primary features of GeoZilla is that it lets you share your real-time location with your friends and families.
- GeoZilla comes with a Crash Alert feature that alerts your emergency contacts if something wrong happens.
- One of the highlighting features of GeZilla is its driver protection feature that shows important information, like speeding, rough brakes, phone usage, etc.
- GeoZilla is available for varied mobile platforms, including Android and iOS. You can also download it on an iPad if you have one.
- You can also create location-based alerts to receive notifications on your device when a particular event occurs.
9. Find My Kids
As the name suggests, Find My Kids is an app specially designed to ensure the safety of your kids from your smartphones. You can use Find My Kids to track your kids down and find what they are doing. Find My Kids sends notifications when your children leave home, on school premises, etc. You can download the application from Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Features Of Find My Kids App:
- The Find My Kids app lets you use Find My Kids to track your kids down and find what they are doing on the map.
- You can also use the Find My Kids app to see your children's location history and where they visited the whole day or weekend.
- One of the features of Find My Kids is a Customized Notification Alert that sends notifications when a specific event occurs.
- The Find My Kids app also has an integrated chat feature to chat with your kids and other group members.
Some of the above-mentioned applications let you send emergency messages to your emergency contacts with a single tap. Besides this, you can also enable the built-in SOS feature on your smartphones. These methods will work as a backup and provide some help when you encounter an emergency.
Send Emergency SOS on iPhone
iPhones have a built-in feature to send an emergency SOS to your close ones. Follow the steps to send an emergency SOS on your iPhone.
Step 1. Open the "Health app" on your iPhone.
Step 2. Then, tap on your "Profile".
Step 3. Under the "Profile" section, tap on "Medical ID", and tap on "Edit".
Step 4. After that, tap on "Add Emergency Contact".
Step 5. Now, choose the contacts which you want to add as emergency contacts.
Step 6. To send an emergency SOS on your iPhone, press and hold the side/home button and volume up or down.
Send Emergency SOS on Android
Android phones also have an integrated feature that lets you send emergency SEO to selected contacts. Follow the steps to send an emergency SOS on your Android iPhone.
Step 1. Open the Android "Settings".
Step 2. Head to "Location".
Step 3. Enable the "Emergency Location Service" by tapping on the toggle.
Step 4. Then, move to the "About Phone Settings" and tap on "Emergency Information".
Step 5. Now, add emergency contacts.
Location sharing apps can be useful in many scenarios, especially in taking care of your loved ones and ensuring they are safe and sound. You can use the above-mentioned apps to share your location with your friends and family. You can also learn to send emergency SOS on Android/iPhone, which will help in an emergency situation. So, these are the top nine best apps to share your location with family.
Share Location with Family FAQs
We tried sharing everything about real-time location sharing applications. However, these FAQs can help you learn more about location sharing.
How do I see someone's shared location?
Open the Find My app on your iPhone, and you will see the live location shared with you. On the other hand, if you are an Android user, open the Google Maps app and see the live locations shared using Google Maps.
Why can't I see a shared location?
You need to ensure that your device's location services are turned on. Another thing you need to make sure that the other person has correctly shared the live location with you.
How do I track a family member's iPhone?
You can track your family member's iPhones, and other Apple devices on the built-in Find My app. Open the "Find My app", and you will see all the iPhone and Apple devices.