2021 | Top 10 Best Free PDF Reader for Windows 10
Jane Zhou updated on May 27, 2021 to PDF Editor Tutorials
The PDF file type is widely used in modern society. Having the right software to open and view PDF files is vital. If you are not familiar with this type of file, you should know that Windows 10 already comes with a default PDF reader called Microsoft Edge. With this type of software, you can open and read PDF files that contain photos, tables, charts, and other types of data.
However, it just offers limited functions for viewing PDFs. If you want to find an alternative or want to learn more best free Windows PDF readers, you will get your desired answer in this post. Now let's look at the top 10 best free PDF reader for Windows.
Top 1. EaseUS PDF Editor
EaseUS PDF Editor is is an excellent alternative to Windows default PDF viewers. This software can be used by any user thanks to its simple user interface. To get started, all you need to do is install the program and open the PDF you want to read.
Moreover, with this Windows PDF editor's help, you can also convert PDF files to other document and image formats with simple clicks. Also, it makes it easy to highlight PDF, electronically sign your documents, or add or remove watermark from PDF files.
- Wide variety of features
- Easy and simple user interface
- Gorgeous design
- It can open all sorts of document types
- You can convert PDF to other files
- You might have to pay to gain access to some features
If you want to try this PDF reader, just click the below button to get it!
Top 2. Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Reader has been around for several years as well. This is a good software to open and read any type of PDF document. Also, it has newer features to make your experience even better. For example, it has incorporated Adobe Acrobat Document Cloud to download, convert, and edit PDF files on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Furthermore, there's also a new file comparison tool that compares two PDF files fast and precisely to discover any changes. If you want to compare several revisions of the same piece of work, this could be useful.
- It has excellent accessibility features
- You can open multiple PDF files at once.
- You can protect your sensitive data
- It works across different platforms like PC, tablet, and smartphone
- It can work slow when editing too many files at once
Top 3. Foxit PhantomPDF Reader
PhantomPDF is among the best free PDF reader for Windows. It delivers a range of cloud-based features that allow you to open and customize PDF documents.
The program will enable you to produce and change PDFs while also providing various sophisticated management, security, and collaboration functions. You can control who has access to documents, track who opens them, send document requests to colleagues, and inform readers of document revisions.
Beyond that, this program also includes several essential editing tools. For example, you may adjust the layout of a document, rearrange PDF pages, and add stamps, watermarks, headers, and footers to make your papers look more professional.
- It allows you to read in full-screen mode
- You can merge several PDF documents
- You can upload files to the cloud
- It has a complex user interface
Top 4. Kofax Power PDF
Kofax Power PDF allows you to open, read, edit, annotate, and distribute PDF documents rapidly. There are various versions of the software available, each with its own set of features. It has a Standard version that lets you create, convert, and merge PDF documents and fill out forms. It also has scanning and OCR functionality that allows you to convert scanned images of invoices and receipts into PDFs. You can select different versions according to your needs.
- You can open several tabs of PDF documents at once
- You have many security features available
- It allows you to convert scanned documents into PDFs
- The advanced version is expensive
Top 5. Soda PDF
Soda PDF is another great software to open and read any PDF document. It helps you study, annotate, send, and track documents from a single user interface. This program may now be linked to Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox, making document download and distribution much simple. Another fantastic feature of the program is its batch processing capability, which allows you to produce and convert several PDF files at once. You may also use the e-sign option to build and share PDF-based contracts with clients or partners.
- Compatible with any type of PDF document
- Wide variety of editing tools for PDF files
- Compatible with Google Drive and other cloud platforms
- Not a wide variety of editing features
Top 6. Microsoft OneNote
Microsoft OneNote is a productivity tool that works on Windows, mobile devices, and the web. It can also be used as a free PDF viewer for your important PDF document.
The advantage of using OneNote is that you can store all of your documents in the cloud. This means that you can access your documents no matter wherever you are, even if you are offline. Also, you have access to some editing features.
- It includes many PDF editing options
- You can access it on any device
- You don't have to store the documents on your computer since you have access to the cloud
- It can be slow at times.
- The online app's search is deficient
Top 7. Nitro Reader
Nitro Reader is one of the best free Windows PDF readers. You can use it to open any kind of PDF no matter the size and content. What's more, it is also useful for all basic PDF editing features, which means users can easily split, merge, add items, or do other editing work to their PDF documents without hassle. Most importantly, users can also use it to produce PDFs from scratch.
- Open several PDF file tabs at once
- Merge and compare PDF documents
- It comes with a complete set of free PDF editing tools
- With heavy PDF, OCR is ineffective
Top 8. Expert PDF Viewer
Expert PDF Viewer is a free PDF viewer application for Windows, which allows you to open and print PDFs. You can also use it to make simple changes to existing PDF documents. Furthermore, you can use it to add stamps and edit document outlines and annotations. It is straightforward and quick to use.
Despite not having many editing features, it is still good software for opening and reading basic PDF files.
- It has text and image editing capabilities
- You can compress PDF files
- Offer basic editing tools
Top 9. PDF Exchange
PDF Exchange is a feature-rich free Windows 10 PDF reader with a lot of reading options. You can view, create, and edit PDF documents as you want. And there are also features to OCR scanned documents and digitally sign files.
If you need more features, you can upgrade to the pro version, which allows you to create and edit PDF fillable forms, and make other adjustments to your PDF files.
- It has text editing capabilities
- You can convert PDF files to images
- You can compress and merge PDF files
- The advanced version is expensive
Top 10. Qiqqa
Qiqqa allows you to safeguard and organize your PDF files, making them instantly accessible and searchable across your devices. Because it includes automatic tagging, identification, and categorization, you'll never have to waste time looking for missing PDF documents again. Also, this Windows 10 PDF reader can highlight, edit font size and color, and place annotations on the text.
- Download multiple PDF papers more quickly.
- It has plenty of PDF editing features
- You can open PDF files straight from the web
- It is not user-friendly
In this article, you learned about the best free PDF reader for Windows, which can help you view your PDF file with ease. Among those programs, we strongly recommend EaseUS PDF Editor. Because it not only allows you to read your PDFs but also enables you to create, edit, and manage the files with simple clicks.