2021 | TOP 10 Best Free PDF Editor for Windows 10
Jane Zhou updated on Jun 04, 2021 to PDF Editor Tutorials
Are you a small business owner or individual searching for a trustable PDF editing tool for your Windows 10 PC? If you are, you've come to the right place.
Here in this article, we have reviewed the top 10 free PDF editor software for Windows 10, so you can easily implement modifications to your PDF documents conveniently and enhance business efficiency. Now continue reading to find the one best for you.
1. EaseUS PDF Editor
EaseUS PDF Editor is an excellent PDF editing program for Windows 10/8/8.1/7 users. It provides lots of advanced editing features, and with its help, you are able to add or erase text, insert images, add watermark, and annotate your PDF files in minutes.
Apart from editing options, this Windows PDF editor also allows you to manage your PDF pages like cropping, splitting, rotating, replacing, etc. If your document contains some important information, you also can count on this program to password protect PDF files for unauthorized viewing.
More amazing features:
- Easily combine a different variety of PDF format with no difficulty
- Quickly compressed PDF file without jeopardizing the quality
- Customize PDF form in different ways with comfort
- Edit and print secured PDF documents with ease
2. ABBYY FineReader
ABBYY FineReader is another PDF editor software for Windows 10, which offers a free version for users that want to give it a try. It enables you to open and edit any PDF file, so you can freely add images, watermarks, or other items to your files.
Aside from adding and modifying, you can also erase any region on the PDF page using the eraser tool. If you have a scanned PDF file, you also can recognize text from scanned documents by using the OCR technology it offers.
- Generate, edit, and start organizing Pdf file
- Start creating fillable PDF forms
- Contrast documents in various formats
- High level of limitation
PDFescape allows users to edit their PDFs online or via a desktop program easily. The desktop program is much more effective than the web application because it allows you to edit pre-existing PDF content and scan paper documents.
However, only PDFescape's online edition is completely free to use. Like the desktop version, PDFescape online also offers a lot of PDF editing features, including the ability to create freehand notes and a tool for attaching clickable URLs to your files. You can flexibly select the right one based on your needs.
- Removal of text, as well as simple whiteouts, are available
- Easily rotate and annotate pages
- Allow you to create a PDF from scratch
- This tool is quite limited in terms of functionalities
4. Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro PDF editor is another PDF editor tool that is compatible with all Windows operating systems. Its functionality enables you to create, edit, merge, review, and collaborate without expert knowledge. Additionally, this Nitro editor tool lets you sign, fill, and protect PDF documents with a few clicks on the mouse pad.
Now it is available in two versions: business and personal. Its personal version is a little bit expensive, and it has its own set of advanced features.
- Contain OCR innovation for editing scanned documents
- Enable you to sign a PDF document digitally
- Easily customize PDF form with ease
- It is more expensive than other leading PDF editor software
5. Foxit Phantom PDF
This is just another free PDF editor software for Windows 10 that allows you to edit your PDF files without expert ideas easily. It allows you to merge and split PDF files, annotate and share PDF files, create PDF forms, and convert PDFs to other popular file formats.
Additionally, you can encrypt, delete, and sign PDF documents. Before you can access the free version, you will need to fill a form in order to download the free trial, and the free trial is available for only 14 days.
- Users can work with scanned documents using the OCR function
- Easily create and design PDF form as you want
- Flip, split, and merge PDF file as you wish
- Need little time to understand the interface
Sejda has become a free online PDF editor tool, which you can trust with sensitive documents because it automatically deletes all uploaded files after five hours.
Apart from security, it's an excellent choice to edit PDF files. Its single menu bar simplifies the process of signatures, images, links, and adding text to PDF files. If you just need to do some basic editing work, you can count on this online tool.
- There are no page or hourly restrictions for the premium version
- Enable you to add a signature to your PDF file
- You can easily add image and text to your document with ease
- This online PDF editor does not include OCR functionality
7. AbleWord PDF Editor
This PDF editor tool is not as popular as other tools, but it made the cut in our list.
This program includes functions for reformatting images, adding or editing headers and footers, and creating and editing tables. Additionally, it is a word processor, which means you can easily modify files just as you would when using normal Microsoft word documents.
- It's simple to use and free for an easy task.
- Support a number of Microsoft Word functionalities
- Include a spell checker
- Its output is not as high-quality as that of some other leading PDF editors
8. Soda PDF
Working with PDF documents becomes a breeze with the aid of the Soda PDF editor tool. It enables you to create PDFs from over 300 different file types, convert them to MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and more, and even give you access to edit the text in the same way that you would in a word processor.
Additional features include the ability to create custom forms, adding new elements, secure and sign PDF files, annotate pages, and convert your scanned documents to editable PDFs using OCR.
- Easily create your PDF form without an expert idea
- Ability to save your document to cloud storage service
- You can save documents on the free version without a watermark
- The free version is limited
9. IceCream PDF
Due to its effectiveness, IceCream PDF editor appears to be one of the commonly used free PDF programs. You can edit PDF files for free with this Windows PDF editor tool, and it also allows you to password-protect your data.
Although the functionalities are limited on the free version, it is capable of performing the necessary jobs. Users can also use one of the software's splitting modes to split PDF files into single-page files, different sections, or delete specific pages.
- Merge and reorganize the pages of various PDF files
- Encrypt documents to add an additional layer of security
- PDF files are not fully editable
- This application has a very limited feature kit
10. PDF-XChange Editor
PDF-XChange Editor is one of the free PDF Windows editing software. It provides easy access to various useful features, including a stamp feature for identifying files as 'Expired' or 'Authorised', split documents into different sections, and add or delete text from PDF files.
However, for the majority of users, the primary reason to use PDF-XChange Editor is that it includes built-in optical character recognition (OCR). This means that even if the original PDF file is a captured picture, this program will recognize and edit the text.
- Recognition of optical characters
- Enable you to sign PDF form digitally
- Protect your documents with a password
- Documents with watermarks
Right now, I hope you should have more knowledge about the free PDF editor for Windows 10 and its limitations. Users should know by now that almost all PDF editor software claims to be free, but it's hard to see the one that can complete your regular task.
Based on the introduction aspect, the pros and cons of each program are listed above. Among those programs, EaseUS PDF Editor can perform your regular task and minor PDF design on the free version. And this all-in-one PDF editor software will meet all your requirements.