Top 8 Best EPUB to PDF Converter 2021
Jane Zhou updated on Jun 30, 2021 to PDF Converter Tutorials
If you prefer reading books on your digital devices, you have likely come across EPUB files. This is the file extension that is mostly used for eBooks. While this format works and opens on most devices out there, certain devices will not support this file format. In these cases, you will need to convert your EPUB files to a more compatible format.
One of the formats you can consider is PDF. This one works across nearly all platforms and is easy to manage and keep. Luckily, there are many best PDF converter programs available and you can use these to get all your eBooks converted to a widely recognized format. In this guide, you will learn how to perform the EPUB to PDF conversion on Windows, Mac, and the web.
Top 1. EPUB to PDF Converter
Compatibility: Windows 10
If you are a Windows PC user, there are several programs you can use to convert EPUB files to PDF format. One of these apps is EPUB to PDF Converter. As the name suggests, the app allows you to convert all your eBooks into the popular PDF format in no time. The app claims to be fast and you can expect your large files to be converted in a matter of a couple of minutes.
A good thing about this tool is that it is not cluttered with loads of options. Instead, what you have on the main screen is a file field that you need to fill with your source EPUB file. Once you do that, you can then click a button to start converting your file to PDF format.
- Totally decluttered user interface
- Accurately convert your EPUB files to PDF
- Extremely easy to use and should be a preferred tool for non-experienced users
- There are not many other features to use
- It only supports EPUB files up to the size of 100MB
- There is no option to convert multiple EPUB files to PDF at once
Top 2. Icecream PDF Converter
Compatibility: Windows XP/7/8/10
If you are looking for tons of features in your EPUB to PDF converter software, look no further than Icecream PDF Converter. Using this easy-to-use program, not only can you convert your files to PDF but you can do that with loads of customizations. This app has to offer numerous options that you can configure so your files are converted exactly the way you want. It supports password-protected files and will not add any watermark to your converted files as well.
- Convert your EPUB files to PDF in bulk
- Select page ranges while converting your files
- Merge several files into a single PDF file
- You can only process up to 3 files per conversion in the free mode
- There is no option to merge files in the free version of the program
Top 3. Calibre
Compatibility: Windows 8/10
Calibre might sound familiar if you have ever used an eBook reader on your computer. Originally, this is an EPUB reader that lets you read all your books that are in this format. However, using one of the features of the app, you can actually convert your EPUB files to PDF format. This is fairly easy to do and requires no technical experience.
One of the many good things about this tool is that it is available in the portable version as well. This means, if you are only looking to convert a few EPUB files and you do not wish to install an app, you can get your conversion done without ever officially installing this app on your system.
- Quickly and easily convert all your EPUB files to PDF
- Completely free and open-source application
- Add and edit metadata while converting your files
- The app does not offer many customizable options
- The process to convert EPUB to PDF is not as easy as other similar apps
Top 4. The Ebook Converter
Compatibility: macOS 10.10 or later
One of the many nice little perks of being a Mac user is that you have an app to open pretty much any kind of file on your computer. While you can use the built-in iBooks app to view your EPUB files, you will need an app like The Ebook Converter to convert your EPUB files to various formats including PDF. This app works like a charm and helps you convert files from many source formats to various output formats.
- Extremely easy to use EPUB to PDF converter program
- You can share your EPUB files from other apps with this app
- Support for many input and output formats
- Can't work without an active Internet connection
- Take longer than other similar apps to convert EPUB to PDF
Top 5. GMaster Reader
Compatibility: macOS 10.9 or later
GMaster Reader is actually an eBook reader for the Mac machines, but you can use it to convert your EPUB eBooks to PDF as well. There is a built-in converter in the app that helps you do this so you can make your eBooks available on many more platforms where EPUB is not supported. The app offers various features with regards to reading and managing your eBooks.
- Manage EPUB as well as convert EPUB to PDF
- Quick and efficient conversion process
- You do not have any options to customize when you convert EPUB to PDF
- Bulk conversion of EPUB to PDF is not supported
- Generate blank PDF files sometimes
Top 6. CloudConvert
If what you are looking to do is convert only a handful of EPUB files to PDF, you should consider using an online tool rather than an installable app. One of the web-based tools you can use for your task is CloudConvert. This online app allows you to convert any EPUB file that you throw at it to PDF format. It is entirely web-based which means you do not need to install anything on your computer to use the tool.
- Upload EPUB files from multiple sources including cloud storages
- Convert your files without losing their original quality
- No need to install anything on your machine
- Privacy concerns as your file is shared on the CloudConvert server
- Convert only a limited number of files in the free version
- The conversion process takes longer than other apps
Top 7. OnlineConvert
OnlineConvert is one of those sites that let you convert nearly all file types from one format to another. Whether you are looking to convert your media files or you want to turn your EPUB files into PDF, you can do that all using this web-based tool. You simply need to upload your source files and the tool converts them to your chosen output format. When your EPUB is converted to PDF, you can either download the file to your computer or upload the file to a cloud server.
- Offer several file upload sources
- Many options to customize your EPUB to PDF conversion
- Download or upload your converted files
- Uploading files sometimes takes too long than usual
- In some cases, the original quality is not retained in the converted files
- You cannot merge your files into a single PDF file
Top 8. Zamzar
Zamzar is also one of the popular online file converter tools and you can use this web app to convert all your EPUB files to the widely recognized PDF format. You can add your source EPUB files by either dragging them to the site interface or entering the URL for your files. Then, you need to select the output format, which should be PDF, and you are good to go. The site offers email notifications for when your files are converted. This comes in handy when you cannot wait for your files to get converted on the site.
- Support for drag and drop for adding EPUB files
- Convert your EPUB files to PDF and many other formats
- Receive email updates for your file conversion tasks
- You cannot add files from online cloud storage providers
- The maximum file size allowed is only 50MB
- You cannot convert unlimited files daily
Best PDF Maker and Converter for Windows
Apart from converting your EPUB files to PDF, you sometimes need to create a PDF from image or other files or convert PDF documents to other file formats. Given that, we will introduce an excellent PDF converter to complete the task. That's EaseUS PDF Editor.
As its name indicates, it is a PDF editing software, which lets you modify your PDF files by cropping, rotating, adding or removing items, etc. Actually, editing is just a small part of this program. It supports lots of common and popular file formats, which means you can easily change PDF to other formats or vice versa. Last but not least, it will keep the original fonts, formatting, and quality after the conversion.
Note: EaseUS PDF converting software does not support the EPUB format currently, so you can try the above solutions to do the task if you need to change EPUB to PDF.
More stunning features:
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, and images quickly
- Create, compress, OCR, merge, annotate and split PDF
- Make and customize PDF forms painlessly
- Support more than 20 OCR languages
Don't hesitate! Just click the below button to get the best PDF converter now.
If you ever get stuck with an EPUB file that will not open on your computer, use one of the apps above to convert your EPUB files to PDF. Once the file is converted, you should be able to view the resulting PDF file without an additional tool on your Windows or Mac computer.